Outlook Express is a very useful software. Email addresses can be configured very easily. To configure it one must know its incoming and outgoing mail servers, Username & Password. Below complete details on how to configure email in Outlook Express is shown with snapshots.
1. In Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select Accounts…
2. A box will appear. Click Add and select Mail.
3. Enter your name as you want it to appear on your emails and click Next.
4. Put in your email address, which consists of a user you set up in webmail and @yourdomain.xyz, and then click Next.
5. Set the server type as POP3.
6. For incoming and outgoing mail servers, enter mail.yourdomain.xyz (where yourdomain.xyz is your domain name and extension such as .com).
(Note: See your order confirmation letter for pop & smtp server.)
7. Click on Next.
8. Enter your email address for the Account Name. Enter the password you set for this account. Note: Do NOT check the box “Log on using Secure Password Authentication”.
9. Click Next and then click Finish. After you click Finish, you should see the following window. If not, go to the Tools menu, and click on Accounts. After clicking Accounts the window will appear. In this window, click on your domain until it is highlighted, then click on Properties.
10. When the next screen appears, click on the Servers tab. Under Outgoing Mail Server, My server requires authentication should be checked as below.
Click Okay. Note: You MUST do this step so you can send mail from your domain.
10. Now, you’re ready to send and receive mail. To set up multiple accounts, follow these steps again.